At 1:41 PM +0000 7/1/03, "J¸rgen" "B–mmels" (via RT) wrote:
this is the first step of the IO-system away from the mem_sys_alloc/free
memory-managment system to a full-fledged PMC-based system.

In this patch only the ParrotIO structures are transformed to a
PMC. This is simply done by wrapping the ParrotIO in a PMC_data. For
easier access of the layer-pointer (this is the first thing that is
actually needed if a function is called) is stored in the
cache.struct_val. The rest of the patch is mostly to an update of
parrot to the new prototypes.

The filedescriptor-ops are not deleted in this patch, but use
a hack to always create a new temporary PMC from the filedescriptor.

The standard filedescriptors stdin, stdout and stderr are protected
from closing by the PMC_destroy function by marking them as
PIO_F_SHARED. Don't know if this is a right solution.

This dies on 9 tests on OS X, and I think from the complaints that valgrind will also be very unhappy, but I'm putting it in so it can be thumped by other folks as well as me. -- Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk