On Thu, 3 Jul 2003, Juergen Boemmels wrote:

> more errors like this: t/op/interp_1.pasm and t/op/gc_1.t are the ones
> I know of. We will have much fun with bugs like this.

This might be another one -- t/op/gc_2.pasm is simply

      interpinfo I1, 2   # How many DOD runs have we done already?
      sweep 0
      interpinfo I2, 2   # Should be same
      sub I3, I2, I1
      print I3
      end

The expected output is '0'.  On SPARC, if I run it directly with imcc
(renamed "parrot"), I get

        ./parrot t/op/gc_2.pasm
        0

If I first compile to .pbc (either with imcc or assemble.pl) and then run
it (with either ./parrot or ./test_main) I get
        ./parrot --output=t/op/gc_2.pbc t/op/gc_2.pasm
        ./parrot t/op/gc_2.pbc
        1

The only parrot options that seem to change anything are --no-gc (which
makes both versions output a '0', not surprisingly) and -d, (which makes
both versions output a '1', unhelpfully).  For what it's worth, here's the
output of

    ./parrot -d t/op/gc_2.pasm

*** Parrot VM: Debugging enabled. ***
*** Parrot VM: Setting up ARGV array in P0.  Current argc: 1 ***
        0: t/op/gc_2.pasm
*** Parrot VM: Dumping GC info ***
Total memory allocated = 139264
DOD runs = 1
Collect runs = 0
Collect memory = 0
Active PMCs = 9
Active buffers = 20
Total PMCs = 1024
Total buffers = 4096
Header allocations since last collect = 8
Memory allocations since last collect = 1

And here is the output of

    ./parrot -d t/op/gc_2.pbc
*** Parrot VM: Debugging enabled. ***
*** Parrot VM: Setting up ARGV array in P0.  Current argc: 1 ***
        0: t/op/gc_2.pbc
*** Parrot VM: Dumping GC info ***
Total memory allocated = 139264
DOD runs = 1
Collect runs = 0
Collect memory = 0
Active PMCs = 10
Active buffers = 20
Total PMCs = 1024
Total buffers = 4096
Header allocations since last collect = 8
Memory allocations since last collect = 1

I'm lost.  Any suggestions?

--
    Andy Dougherty              [EMAIL PROTECTED]