Hi,

I am writing a parrot compiler back-end for my very own computer language
personality disorder: Comal (see http://www.josvisser.nl/opencomal). I do
this purely for its therapeutical value :-)

Parrot is currently far from finished. A lot of things work really well
but in other corners work is ongoing. For me this means that I run into
parrot limitations and bugs regularly. My understanding of parrot grows
while I address these and try to grok what is going on...

Trying to write a <your language here> to parrot compiler without wanting
to know at least something about the parrot internals is in my opinion
currently not possible. And, actually, I would not want that, because
then I might as well write a Comal to JVM compiler (given that the JVM
is both available and stable). Part of the fun for me is being "involved"
in an open source project like parrot at this stage of the game...

++Jos.nl

--
La vida no es la que uno vivió, sino la que
recuerda y cómo la recuerda para contarla...