Michael G Schwern wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 11, 2003 at 01:45:35AM -0700, Ask Bjoern Hansen wrote:
> > We totally need to have Parrot running on this thing when it comes
> > out.  :-)
> >
> >   http://www.xgamestation.com/
>
> Great idea, shame the hardware is crap. :(
>
> "Third-generation Motorola 68HCS12 16-bit processor @ 25 MHz.
>  Graphics architecture similar to Commodore 64, Atari 800 and Apple II."

>From reading the webpage, the xgs seems not to be intended to be a
serious gaming platform, but rather, a hands-on way of teaching
enthusiasts about how game programming was done in the "good old days."

The pupose of having a small memory, and slow cpu speed, would seem to
be that programmers for it are forced to hand-optomize algorithms and
code, something they mightn't bother with in a resource abundant
environment.  Whether this is a good thing or a bad thing depends on why
you're writing code for the xgs :)

--
$a=24;split//,240513;s/\B/ => /for@@=qw(ac ab bc ba cb ca
);{push(@b,$a),($a-=6)^=1 for 2..$a/6x--$|;print "[EMAIL PROTECTED]