Luke Palmer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I may be missing the problem that you are talking about, but it seems to
> me that since we have PMCs which mark themselves instead of being
> automatically marked, a WeakRef PMC would be trivial...  I don't think
> it needs to be any more fundamental than a PMC.

Marking itself does not help here. The mark-function of a PMC is
called after it is already marked. Self-marking does nothing in the
best case, in the worst case it blocks the DoD in an endless loop.

Anyway a weakref needs to extend the destroy-function of the refered
object (on a per object basis). This is whats not possible in current
parrot. Parrot_exit/Parrot_on_exit does something similar but not for
the destruction of an object but for the end of the program.

bye
boe
--
Juergen Boemmels                        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Fachbereich Physik                      Tel: ++49-(0)631-205-2817