Nicholas Clark wrote:

On Tue, Sep 02, 2003 at 06:39:23AM +0300, Vladimir Lipskiy wrote:

D. Function parametres in declarations.

At the monent, pdd7 says that we mustn't omit them in declarations.
I propose to omit them. The advantage is: We wouldn't run the risk to
having a keyword of C++ as a parameter, we would have nothing
to coordinate with parameters in definitions. The drawback is: We would
lose a lot of helpful information that we could have obtained while
exploring
the headers.

One solution is to put the parameters in /* comments */ in the declarations.

Perhaps just don't bother specifying it at all?

In my own coding, I follow the rule of "leave it out if the type tells you everything you need to know about the purpose." But that's a subjective decision, and therefore dangerous to put in a coding style guide.