On Sun, Sep 21, 2003 at 05:49:41PM +0100, Nicholas Clark wrote:
> I'm seeing this failure on a clean checkout:
>
> t/src/manifest.........NOK 4#     Failed test (t/src/manifest.t at line 38)
> # Missing files in Manifest:
> #       languages/jako/examples/python.jako
> #       languages/jako/jako
> # Looks like you failed 1 tests of 4.
> t/src/manifest.........dubious
>         Test returned status 1 (wstat 256, 0x100)
> DIED. FAILED test 4
>         Failed 1/4 tests, 75.00% okay
>
> Did MANIFEST get committed without some files?

As everyone on the commit list will have seen, Dan fixed this
(and I misunderstood the error - files were added without the MANIFEST
being updated)

How come people don't do a clean build after checking things in to verify
that there's nothing unexpected gone wrong? :-(

I suspect that dipsy knows the answer:

18:41 <Nicholas> rule 2
18:41 <dipsy> rule 2 is people are lazy

curiously, like Thermodynamics, a rule 0 has been added:

18:42 <Nicholas> rule 0
18:42 <dipsy> rule 0 is even if you know the rules, you're still a person

Nicholas Clark