On Mon, 22 Sep 2003, Leopold Toetsch wrote:

> We have vtables for "shr"/"shl" but not for "lsr". Is there a specific
> reason that these vtables are not in pdd02?

Mainly because languages generally only define a single left and right
shift operator

> The same is with "pow", though this could be treated like the
> trigonometric ops, which we don't have for PMCs either.

I've considered adding a separate sub-vtable for trig ops, hanging off a
pointer in the class' base vtable, so multiple classes can share a single
trig vtable. I don't expect it to be overridden enough to be worth adding
another 128 bytes (or more) to each vtable we use. Most of the trig
functions can be "return function(SELF->get_float)" or something like
that.

                                Dan