> > Unless you meant "remove from the repository, such that it never
> > existed in the first place" when you said "delete".
>
> Yes, I meant that.

That's quite doable, if people understand the repercussion.   (rm -r
is easy!)

> Say we apply 2.6 over what is there and it doesn't build, we then have
> to ask ourselves if the applying-over's to blame. Just seemed like one
> uncertainty that could be avoided.

Point..  although this can generally be done properly with a little
bit of CVS knowledge and checking.  (I can do the clean application of
the update if it is wanted.)

But before anything happens, someone needs to say "make it so".

-R