On Sat, Oct 25, 2003 at 01:27:41PM +0200, Gabor Szabo wrote:

> The HTML files generated by Devel::Cover are huge.
> I ran coverage on HTML::Template and while the source code
> is ~100K the HTML report is 2.5Mb
>
> So I think some work should be done to reduce this size.
> I made a simple change - removing leading spaces from the
> templates - this reduced the file size by about 60% for HTML::Template.
>
> The resulting file looks the same in Mozilla, please check it with other
> browsers, eg. IE.

With no dissenting voices, I have applied this patch, or something very
similar.  (What do you mean, you didn't test it?)

> It is still huge ~870K but I could not find any easy way to remove
> further large chunks without changing the resulting page.
>
> What do you think about removing
> 1) the lines from the source code which are empty
> 2) removing the lines that display parts of the documentation ?

Michael said he's working on this so we'll see how it looks, but I think
I'd prefer that the default be for the source code to be left in its
original form.

> --- Html_subtle.pm.original     Fri Oct 24 21:23:58 2003
> +++ Html_subtle.pm      Fri Oct 24 21:43:50 2003

Thanks very much.

--
Paul Johnson - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.pjcj.net