On Wed, Oct 29, 2003 at 10:55:49AM +0100, Leopold Toetsch wrote:
> Nick Kostirya <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> >  Otherwise, it would be necessary to introduce the idea of 'headers that
> > are
> >  required for testing a header'.
>
> After a test you have the result in $PConfig{whatever}, so you can
> adjust the next test according to the results of the previous one.

I've committed some changes to the header probing which do this.
The strategy now is to run through the list of probe headers in order,
try firstly just that header, and if that fails retrying with all the found
headers (in order). The second try means that netinet/in.h is now "found"
on FreeBSD, and I can build on FreeBSD 4.8

I believe that this resolves the bug

Nicholas Clark