Jeff Clites <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> It gets set in include/parrot/pobj.h, and is basically set to true if
> your platform has some flavor of memalign(), which allows you to
> allocate chunks of memory with arbitrary power-of-2 alignment. So all
> the platforms being tested on the tinders probably have this. (Of
> course, you can manually set ARENA_DOD_FLAGS to false in the source,
> for testing.)

Actually, at least FreeBSD doesn't have either of the memalign()'s
parrot looks for, which is what Nicholas (and I) ran into.

(If OpenBSD doesn't have one either, there's some clean-up to be done
in parrot/config/init/hints/openbsd.pl :-) )
--
Lars Balker Rasmussen                                        Consult::Perl