Dan Sugalski wrote:
At 9:05 PM +0100 1/11/04, Leopold Toetsch wrote:

Harry Jackson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 I am at the point now where I need to know what type of format you want
 the data to come out in.

The first question is: how are these data returned in C.

For posgres, that's easy (which is part of the problem) -- there *is* no structure. There's a single function that takes a row/column coordinate and returns the value. If you make a query that returns, say, 7 rows with 13 columns each, you have to call this function 91 times to get all the data back...

Thankyou Dan. I was about to reply honest, you put it much better than me anyway.

Harry