At 2:39 PM -0500 1/15/04, Dan Sugalski wrote:
At 8:31 PM +0100 1/15/04, Michael Scott wrote:
Is this relevant? http://oss.software.ibm.com/icu/userguide/formatNumbers.html

I'm still not clear in my mind what the plan is with regard to ICU. Is it intended eventually to be:

a) an always-there part of parrot, or
b) just a sometimes-there thing that gets linked in if you mess with unicode?

A) is the case. I didn't realize that the ICU library did numeric formatting.

And then I realized, somewhat belatedly, that this won't necessarily work. I think I'd rather not have to yank things into Unicode just to format numbers.

Hrm. To reinvent the wheel or paint the bikeshed--that is the question.
--
                                        Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk