At 12:49 PM +0100 1/16/04, Leopold Toetsch wrote:
Tim Bunce <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Here's my proposal:

* Basics:

Parrot uses nested hashes for namespaces (like perl does).

* Relative roots:

 Namespace lookup starts from a 'root' namespace (think root directory).
 Here the P2 argument holds the root namespace to start the lookup from:

find_global P1, P2, ['global', 'namespace', 'hierarchy'], "thingname"

I like that except: *again* above syntax sucks.

find_global P1, P2 ['global'; 'namespace'; 'hierarchy'; "thingname" ]

No. The thing will be a separate parameter.

The original syntax would need heavy modifications in the assembler, the latter fits nicely.

We can cope. The assembler needs a good kick with regards to keyed stuff anyway, I expect, and we're going to need this for constructing keys at runtime, something we've not, as yet, addressed.
--
Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk