On Mon, Jan 19, 2004 at 06:58:38PM +0200, Gabor Szabo wrote:
> One of them has an application written in .NET with C# and they also want
> to run unit tests, regression tests and load tests. They want to know how
> can we do that in Perl.
>
> Obviously for that I will have a number of Windows boxen around if I can
> convince them that we can solve their problem with Perl. Actually I am
> not sure at all if in this case it is good for them to use Perl.

If you are testing via HTTP WWW::Mechanize is a really valuable tool. JavaScript
is a problem though you're right.

If you are testing from the cmd line the nice thing about Perl's testing
framework is that it would be feasible to write C# programs that write
test results to STDOUT and STDERR, which are then consumed by Test::Harness.
We do that where I currently work to use Perl to test PHP code...essentially
we've just got a mini Test::More written in PHP.

I've always thought it would be kinda cool to distribute Test::More variants in
other languages so that people could easily write tests in other languages which
are then consumed by Test::Harness.

//Ed