Simon Cozens wrote:

I think the mail servers for cpan.org/perl.org are having to shift rather a lot of mail at the moment, for some reason.

For those that are unaware there is currently a rather serious virus in the wild at the moment and a lot of mailing lists are being afffected. I think its called the MyDoom virus or some such terribly script kiddy like name. So, if you receive an email with subject hello and a zipped attachment then delete it. As far as I am aware it only affects the smell checker of those on loonix