On Wed, 4 Feb 2004, Steve Fink wrote:

> On Feb-02, Andrew Dougherty wrote:
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]                 19184  languages/perl6/t/rx/call test error
> >                                        1 years
> >
> > Keep this one open.  The tests still fail.
>
> How recently did you check? I committed a reimplementation of perl6
> regexes about a week ago. The above test still failed, but only due to
> a parrot memory corruption bug, and I committed something else the
> next day that coincidentally sidestepped the bug on my machine.

It's probably a different bug than #19184, but here's what I
just got for

        cd languages/perl6
        make test

(This is for perl5.00503, Solaris 8/SPARC, Sun Workshop compiler)

Failed Test  Status Wstat Total Fail  Failed  List of failed
t/rx/basic.t      8  2048     8    8 100.00%  1-8
t/rx/call.t       2   512     2    2 100.00%  1-2
t/rx/special.t    2   512     2    2 100.00%  1-2

All of the test failures look basically like this:

t/rx/basic..........Read on closed filehandle <PASM> at P6C/TestCompiler.pm line 71.
Use of uninitialized value at ../../lib/Parrot/Test.pm line 87.
#     Failed test (t/rx/basic.t at line 7)
#          got: 'error:imcc:main: Error reading source file t/rx/basic_1.pasm.
# '
#     expected: 'ok 1
# ok 2
# ok 3
# ok 4
# ok 5
# ok 6
# ok 7
# ok 8
# ok 9
# '

Finally, is it just me, or do these tests take a long time for
everyone?  Today, it took 21 minutes to run the perl6 test suite.
While I appreciate the value of a comprehensive test suite, I wonder
if there might be some way to speed things up a bit  (apart from
buying a faster machine, of course!)

--
    Andy Dougherty              [EMAIL PROTECTED]