  >> i am playing with ExtUtil::XSParser now

  LT> ... but I hope that people out there are speaking Perl and can help with
  LT> that issue.

mitchell charity pointed me to a much better module
Convert::Binary::C. it looks perfect and seems robust and it is very
well documented. i just installed (10747 tests!) it and will play with
it soon. if it does what it claims, it will be trivial to generate
anything we need. all it needs is a couple of calls to parse any c
source and one method will return a list of all the structs with a fully
broken out parse tree with offsets!  i will hack up something basic
using it and we can tweak the output to whatever parrot needs.

uri

--
Uri Guttman  ------  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  -------- http://www.stemsystems.com