Brent "Dax" Royal-Gordon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Leopold Toetsch wrote:
>>
>> The interfaces are all there. It *should* just be:
>> - cut'n paste code from perlint
>> - s/_integer/_string/ for (push, shift) and s/int_val/str_val/

> It was.  I've committed it, along with a test for it.  All tests pass on
> Debian.

Whee. FTL check in :)

> I also tried to add freeze and thaw to PerlNum (as long as I was
> screwing around in that bit of the code), but the linker wasn't very
> happy with that--complained about being unable to find
> VTABLE_shift_number and VTABLE_push_number, so I undid that.

My fault. Mixed up shift_number vs shift_float. So the macros don't
match. You could just rename in pmc_freeze.h:

  typedef struct _image_funcs

  s/_number/_float/

or call the functions explicitely.

> By the way, I never realized how patient you gcc guys were with the
> computed-goto core--VC++ doesn't support it, so I didn't know that it
> took so long to compile.

Yep. Albeit newer gcc versions seem to be faster. BTW try an optimized
compile ...

leo