At 12:55 PM -0800 3/4/04, Robert Spier wrote:
> I agree. That's why I'd like to see TAI be the default "seconds
since some epoch".

It seems like we want the "default" to be the simplest and fastest one we can support.

Exactly. Which is the count that the system C RTL returns when you ask it, normally claimed to be GMT or something very much like it. If the local system returns localtime, I can see adjusting to GMT or UTC, or whatever, as that ought to be a trivial transform. Past that libraries can deal with it.
--
Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk