Dan Sugalski wrote:
At 5:16 PM -0700 2/26/04, Luke Palmer wrote:
And how do we deal with an object already in existence when the base
object gets an attribute added?

After that, we post a notification to all child classes and walk through the PMC pools inserting the new attribute in the proper spot for the classes.

Not rocket science. (Darned *annoying*, mind, but not rocket science :)

Er, for the "after that" stage, wouldn't it be better to not have all the attributes for a given class be contiguous? It makes the core more complex, but it avoids having to implement the complexity in every class ever written. I know, not rocket science. But darned annoying, and it's better to force one person to write darned annoying code (even if it is you), then to force everybody to implement it.

-=- James Mastros