At 10:14 AM -0800 3/16/04, chromatic wrote:
On Tue, 2004-03-16 at 06:42, Dan Sugalski wrote:

 Roles are going to get implemented as inheritance--so far I've seen
 no technical reason not to, and quite a number of reasons to do so.
 People can cope, if they're looking this deeply.

Out of curiosity, what are those reasons?

I'm not sure how you avoid the case where you accidentally inherit
behavior from a parent role where you shouldn't, unless you set one bit
that says "inherits" and another bit that says "but not really".

Unless I missed something, child classes inherit parent class roles, so if I have Foo with a role of X, and Bar inherits from Foo, Bar does the X role. Looks like inheritance to me...
--
Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk