On Wed, Mar 17, 2004 at 12:41:20PM -0500, Dan Sugalski wrote:
: Currently I'm figuring on just nuking the whole cache in any of these
: cases. Later on we can consider doing Clever Things, if it seems
: worthwhile.

That's what Perl 5 does, FWIW.  But you're caching scheme seems way
too complicated to me.  In Perl 5, you cache the method simply by
making it look like it's a member of the current class.  There's very
little extra mechanism.  You just have to know which methods are the
"fake" ones you can blow away.

Admittedly MMD complicates things, but maybe that's a separate cache.

Larry