Dear All,

I think that the broken bar is dangerous.  Why:
It can be mixed up with the normal bar |.  In some fonts it looks the same.
And to many people it is not 100% clear, which of the two bars is the broken
one and which not.

Off course it is possible to avoid this, but that is not solving the problem
of reading perl-code that someone else has written.  The «» are not such a problem.
But I would think that it would still be worth considering to avoid the broken bar.

Sorry if this disscussion has been performend 1000 times already.

Best regards,

Karl