On Mon, Mar 22, 2004 at 10:36:32PM -0800, David Wheeler wrote:
: I'll wait and see what I hear back from the Emacs developers.

Well, it's too bad the emacs developers are lagging behind the vim
developers in this area, but it might (or might not) have something to
do with the fact that certain obnoxious people like me were bugging
the vim folks incessantly to get their Unicode story straight for a
couple of years before they actually did it.  :-)

I would in particular like to thank Bram Moolenaar for not writing us
out of the book of life for all our whining.  The Unicode support in
vim has been rock solid, and we are grateful.

Larry