At 10:29 PM -0800 4/1/04, chromatic wrote:
On Wed, 2004-03-03 at 09:39, Dan Sugalski wrote:

 Okay, here's a sketch of where I'm going with the initialization,
 finalization, and fallback method locating. We need to do this
 because we're in the semi-unenviable position of supporting multiple
 languages that do this but that *don't* aggree on method names. So we
 can't depend on those.

So, what we're going to do is introduce six properties:

     FALLBACK
     CONSTRUCT
     BUILD
     FINALIZE
     DELETE
     CLEANUP

Suppose I have, for the sake of argument, a pointer to a struct that comes from an external C library. In which method under this scheme would I tell that library to free the memory?

Should be FINALIZE.

As I look at that list I get a distinct "What the *hell* was I thinking?" feeling, though. I'm trying to figure out what the point of DELETE and CLEANUP were.
--
Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk