On Sun, 25 Apr 2004, Dave Whipp wrote:

> "Abhijit A. Mahabal" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Symbol tables and typeglobs and such belong to A10... and the * has been
> > stolen... so I'll just speculate in pseudocode.
> > Blocks-are-subroutines makes life easier, and in pseudocode that can be
> > just:
> >   *{"Foo::name1"} = -> $a { $a->{name1} };
>
> If I read A12 correctly, this could be written as:
>
>   &Foo::$name1 := -> $a {$a.name1};

Could be; that sounds somewhat right, but could you point out where in A12
because a search for := revelaed nothing relevant to me.

In any case, I should have written that as:
   *{"Foo::name1"} = -> $a { $a.<<name1>> };

Oscillating between using P5 and P6 is occasionally frustrating, though
working at a stretch in either is a pleasure...

The issue for P6 is more complicated than in P5 because you cannot just
assign to the typeglob: you will somehow have to take signatures in
consideration while populating the symbol table.

> Dave.

--abhijit