At 5:23 PM -0700 5/13/04, Jeff Clites wrote:
[Most commentary snipped, as it's dead-on]

- When building / using a shared parrot the compiler macro
PARROT_LIB_DYNAMIC will be defined, for static PARROT_LIB_STATIC

What will these be used for? Traditionally, there aren't compile-time difference when building a static v. dynamic library, I believe. Maybe this is not the case for Windows?

Well, there's the potential for -PIC and a few other things you might want on for dynamic libraries that you wouldn't for static ones, though I expect that on most platforms there won't be a difference.

Can't hurt to have them split out to start with.
--
                                        Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk