Since we're doing this, we need to set up some basic semantics as to what happens when we add things into the table.

It's pretty simple when dealing with the actual types--put a function in for an Matrix and an Integer and we should call it when we have a Matrix and an Integer. The more interesting bits come in when we synthesize parts of the table because of inheritance.

The first question is... *should* we synthesize anything at all? I'd argue yes, but at this level I can see it going either way. The second question is "if we do, how do we figure which method is closest?"

Personally I'm of the geometric distance school here, but it can get a bit tricky, so I'm all for discussion on it. So... let's have at it. :)
--
Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk