--- Leopold Toetsch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Somethings is *really* wrong here. I don't know
> exactly what's happening
> here, but I assume that the memalign function is
> buggy. To nail that
> further down:
>
> 1) Determine the used memalign function:
>
> $ grep memalign lib/Parrot/Config.pm
>              'memalign' => 'memalign',
>
> It could be 'posix_memalign' too.
'memalign' => 'memalign',

> 4) compile and run it:
> $ cc -Wall -g align.c -o align && ./align
> ok

yes - it kicked back "ok" not "nix"

> 5) Now the easy part: Vary the alignment of the
> function and the test,
> if actually the lo bits are zero.

I didn't understand.  I assume you wanted me to mess
around if I didn't get "ok"?

> Google around, if you can find signs of a broken
> memalign function on
> your system.

I am not exactly sure what to be looking for.
Everything, including parrot, was working fine prior
to April 7th.  I returned from vacation and parrot was
no longer working.  Nothing on the system changed
except parrot.

> leo

Cheers
Joshua Gatcomb