On Thu, 22 Jul 2004, Luke Palmer wrote:

> And adding to that the definition of a unary hyper operator:
>
>     [EMAIL PROTECTED] == map { Â$_ } @list
>
> It seems that the rand problem could be solved this way:
>
>     my @nums = rand (100 xx 100);

Huh?!? While not so bad (apart the unicode operator I still can't help
feeling uneasy with), do you really think it would be intuitive? For one
thing, the symmetry of the xx operator doesn't make it immediate to tell
which of its arguments is the one that will be feed to rand() and which is
the "iterator"...

Michele
--
you need a brain hack. or a brain of any sort. try a nematode first. the
small incremental improvement won't be such a shock. then you can