--- Leopold Toetsch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Joshua Gatcomb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > All:
> > The ICU that is bundled with Parrot is old.
>
> > George Rhoten, an ICU developer, has suggested we
> > start shipping version 3.0 because:
>
> > B.  Make ICU optional.
>
> Yes. And I'll vote for just tossing icu/* from
> Parrot CVS. If one wants
> to build Parrot with ICU he can download either the
> source or a
> pre-built package and use that. I don't see the
> point, why we have that
> code in CVS.

For some reason (likely because it was friday), what I
was thinking in my head was not what was coming out on
the screen in front of me.  The "make ICU optional"
was supposed to read "make ICU like GMP" - autodetect
it if present, but do not force it upon the user.

> leo

Joshua Gatcomb
a.k.a. Limbic~Region