Hi,

> fixed sizes of integer, so I'd aim some ops at low-level types of
> known size and leave it at that.

Quite a while back, I did add a few opcodes for fixed size integer operations
for Parrot .. But they were added for a totally different HLL :)

> matter what you do with the high bits.  I suppose another way to
> look at it is that they'll just want ops that'll JIT well, which
> usually means to make the ops work on the natural datatype sizes
> of the machine.  But that fights against the fact that most crypto
> algorithms do their commutations based on a known number of bits.

Maybe the dotgnu.ops needs to be renamed as fixedsize.ops and add
a few more fixed size int operations ?. int , uint, long and ulong should
suffice for most crypto folks , but those ops are not JIT'd AFAIK.

Gopal