John Siracusa wrote:

I don't see how we could prevent someone from clobbering the global
definitions of PRE and POST to be no-ops if they wanted to.  Seems to
me that the whole point of putting the program in charge of its own
compilation is to let it be in charge of its own compilation, n'est pa?

Hm,  okay, but there'd still be the "call" (or whatever) to the overridden
versions.  I guess that is "no-op"ing them, but they're still technically in
the program flow, unlike "disappearing macros" or #defines in C or whatever.
Any facility for totally nuking them?

macro PRE (&block) {""} macro POST(&block) {""}

Damian