Sam Ruby <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm now converting to dynclasses.  To be honest, I'm not thrilled with
> this.  What I would really prefer is a Parrot_new_p_s opcode with the
> runtime worrying about caching class names across sub and module boundaries.

  $P0 = new "Py_int"

or some such has a considerable runtime overhead, if that is emitted as
a "new_p_sc" opcode. So we probably want to reserve a certain range of
PMC enums for Python, Perl, whatever. With fix assigned PMC types, the
type lookup could use integer types again and type numbers aren't
depending on load order of PMC extensions.

> - Sam Ruby

leo