Dan Sugalski wrote:

The problem is that you're using the wrong signature type here. 't' is for plain c strings passed into functions for temporary usage. It is *not* for passing in of long-lived buffers. You really want the 'b' type if it's a long-lived thing. That pulls the buffer pointer out of the string structure and passes it in, so it's suitable for mutable stuff. (That's what it's there for, actually)

Yes, the 'b' signature is what I want and it works fine. For 'syck_parser_str()' I don't need the trailing NUL, as I pass in the string length.

A writeup of my experiences with 'libsyck' for Parrat is on http://yaml.kwiki.org/index.cgi?ParrotDev .

CU, Bernhard

Dipl.-Physiker Bernhard Schmalhofer
Senior Developer