On Wed, Dec 22, 2004 at 10:26:02AM -0800, David Wheeler wrote:
> 1. Perl gets smarter about duping file handles, so that the dupes get
> the same i/o layer settings as the handles they dupe.

Changing this going forwards doesn't change any of the installed perls out
there in the wild. So whatever happens in the future, if we want things to
work on existing installations, we need to work round the problem in some
way.

(I don't currently have time to look into or think about whether it's a bug.
Or how to fix it if it is. Or who could fix it.)

Nicholas Clark