Sam Ruby <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Leopold Toetsch wrote:

>> 2) by a distinct Bound_Meth PMC class derived from 1)
>>
>> The latter is probably cleaner. Binding the object to the callable could
>> be done e.g. by the C<set_pmc> vtable.

> That's exactly how PyBoundMeth works today.

> C<set_pointer> sets the pointer to the actual subroutine.  C<set_pmc>
> sets the pointer to the "bound" object.

Great. I saw the checkin but didn't have a close look at it. So if even
the interface is the same, we really should put it into the core
classes.

WRT implementation: I'd like to swap struct_val/pmc_val for all Sub
classes. It's just cleaner but should be almost fully transparent to
users of these classes.

WRT functionality: for a call it has to shift up PMC arguments and
insert the object as P5, right?

> - Sam Ruby

leo