On Mon, 2005-02-28 at 10:34, Thomas Sandlaà wrote:

> Am I missing something, but the only thing I've figured out so far is that
> Parrot uses ternary MMD for its builtin binary ops like ADD, MUL, OR, etc.
> They are ternary to prevent a final copy or conversion of the result to the
> target register. Where is the general MMD mechanism?

Um... I think you're thinking of operator overloading, which in Parrot
actually does use the MMD facility under the hood, but MMD is nominally
a separate facility. You should glance at the PDDs, as they have far
more detail than I'm aware of.

> Will the Perl 6 MMD be directly implemented in Parrot or on top of it?
> I guess Parrot needs to do it for language interoperability, right?

I would expect so, yes.....

--
â 781-324-3772
â [EMAIL PROTECTED]