I just started following the list again after a few months (though I
have been skimming the bi-weekly summaries) and I'm a little alarmed
at what seems to be a trend towards operaterizing everything in sight
and putting those operators in the core.

My understanding of P6 after the reading the AES was that the core was
supposed to be very small, robust, and reusable. The biggest feature
was supposed to be the PGE, from which you could define anything you
wanted as an add-on module. Kinda like Lisp, but Perlishly dwimming.

What happened to the idea of having modules that define syntax? Did I
miss a change in focus over the past few months?

Rob