Leopold Toetsch schrieb:

Juergen Boemmels wrote:

On Wednesday 18 May 2005 07:52, Leopold Toetsch wrote:

I'd say we just drop this test. Whenever you do reasoanble work in the
working tree, you got test files, editor swap file and whatnot.

Yep, checking for temporary files is not a priority.
But keeping svn:ignore and MANIFEST.SKIP in sync
is nice to have, so that 'perl tools/dev/manicheck.pl' and 'svn status' warn about the same extra files.

Still it is one of the most often failing tests, because people tend to
forget to update MANIFEST when adding files to CVS.

It depends of course on how people organize their work. But I think there are basically two cases:
- manicheck a clean repo

That's the same as checking that all files in SVN are also in MANIFEST. So a list diff
between 'MANIFEST' and 'svn list -R' should be in t/src/manifest.t.
Currently this is not checked in 't/src/manifest.t', but I think it is in Jürgens version.

- manicheck a working copy, where you compile and run tests

I have both parrot trees, usual work is:
a) "svn up" in the clean tree
b) rsync -au trunk/ leo
c) work and compile in my tree
d) manidiff && copy changed files back to trunk
e) svn ci

I have a working copy 'local' for larger changes and a copy for smaller patches 'repos'.
I generate patches from 'local' and apply them to 'repos'.
Before checking in I usually do 'make test', 'svn status' and look at the output from 'svn diff'.

Step d) and e) include some scripts that run a manickeck in the clean tree. But this sequence doesn't prevent from just forgetting to add a file to MANIFEST in leo/ :)

Garret Goebel wrote a commitinfo file which warned a commiter if he/she
forgot to update the MANIFEST.

perl tools/dev/manicheck.pl in the clean tree does it

When you run it on a clean copy.

I have an updated version of t/src/manifest.t I was about to commit but is now conflicting with this latest version.

Should I do a merge? Using the SVN Perl bindings make the code much nicer.

What about:

skip("number 6", 1) if -e parrot$EXE;

I have disabled the 'extra file' test for now.

leo

CU, Bernhard