Curtis Rawls (via RT) wrote:

This patch makes improvements to the loop struct.

Thanks, applied - r8219

BTW: would you like to take a look at the register allocator?

It works but consumes enormous amounts of resources for e.g. Dan's Evil Subs[1]. I've here an IIRC slightly modfied version of Bill's original patch, which I could sync to current Parrot.

I think that first we should split (for some register count bigger then a threshold) the register allocation into 4 passes, one for each register kind. That should reduce resource usage immediately. But I'm not an expert here.

[1] See e.g. [perl #32418] ff - original patch by Bill Coffman

leo