On Tue, Jun 07, 2005 at 09:41:49PM +0000, Luke Palmer wrote:
: < and > still don't make sense as reduce operators.

Yeah, I keep confusing them with min and max.

: That reminds me, how are <, >, etc. defined anyway?  How can we tell
: them to be list-associative with each other?

Because they're all of that specific precedence level, which is defined
to work that way by fiat, I suspect.  (Other operators have to be
explicitly declared as list associative, and even then are only list
associative with themselves, not with all other operators in their
precedence level.)  I suppose it could be construed as some kind of
default property on the actual precedence level, but it's not clear
that that would be a useful generalization.

Larry