Clement Cherlin wrote:
--- Leopold Toetsch via RT <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Doesn't a) perl take forward slashes too and b) harness do the glob anyway? If the shell globs the test args, we'll run into commandline length issues sooner or later.

leo

Perl will accept both forward and backward slashes on Win32, and the
harness does do the globbing. My patch only deals with the fact that
make is treating "\*" as an escaped asterisk, and unescaping it to just
"*". I add an additional backslash, thus escaping the backslash instead
of the asterisk. Make translates "\\*" to "\*" and all is well.

Yes. But shouldn't in that case the patch convert the backslashes to just forward slahes - or much better not backslash it in the first place (and possibly quote the *.t args)?

The patch reverses a wrong action (backslashing) that happens earlier somewhere in config.

leo