On 7/1/05, Michael G Schwern <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> is_deeply() is not about exact equivalence.  Its about making a best fit
> function for the most common uses.  I think most people expect [$a, $a] and
> [$b,$c] to come out equal.
>
> Test::Deep is for tweaked deep comparisons.

Test::Deep doesn't do what Yves wants. I've been aware of the problem
pretty much since I wrote it, I think the technical term for what Yves
wants is bisimulation. It's not trivial to add to is_deeply or TD but
TD already has a comparison cache with transactions which is part of
the solution so I think it would be possible to add it and make it
configurable,