I ran with --without-icu but I never typed in --cgoto=0. Anyway, make
realclean did fix the problem.

When do I need to rerun configure and/or make clean/realclean? (I
guess "when it breaks" is an OK answer.) Btw, if I want to rerun
configure with the same -- options, is there a trivial way to do that?

Thanks,

-Amir