--- demerphq <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> One idea might be to try using Data::Dump::Streamer for your tests.
> It
> will serialize the lexical context that the subroutine was compiled
> with (including bound anonymous subroutines and their lexical
> context).
>
> A small hack (that i would be happy to work with you to put into the
> next release) might allow you to rename the vars the in the sub as
> you
> wanted. IE, it could normalize all vars that are lexical bound to the
> subroutine so that comparisons would be easier. Of course by default
> DDS wouldnt consider the subs the same unless the values of said vars
> were the same too...

That's sounds wonderful.  The other day I was actually looking into
what it might take to hack B::Deparse to normalize the variable names.
Then I looked at the code :)  (It actually didn't look that hard, but I
haven't tried yet).

I won't have time to return to this problem for a couple of days, but
I'm glad to know there's a path to follow.

Cheers,
Ovid