On Fri, Aug 19, 2005 at 10:31:34 +0000, Luke Palmer wrote:

In short, "me too".

Now some comments:

>     foo($a, $b, $c)
>
> You *know* that you're passing three positionals.

This is very very important for least surprise and all that.

> It's much less work for the runtime.  You don't have to scan for
> pairs, you just have the caller stuff them where you need them.

This will also allow more static binding of named parameters, which
is a good thing, because it will simplify the type inferencer code.

> You only lose a *little* bit of flexibility at a great gain of
> usability of pairs.  That little bit is this ability:
>
>     my @args = (1, 2, 3, foo => 'bar');
>     baz([EMAIL PROTECTED]);   # $foo gets argument 'bar'

To be honest, I don't see how that is a feature, this strengthens my
support for demagicalizing.

--
 ()  Yuval Kogman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 0xEBD27418  perl hacker &
 /\  kung foo master: /me climbs a brick wall with his fingers: neeyah!