Some other features:

1) You can write your program in any combination of programming styles
and languages, as you see fit. Thus, you can use your OO library
written in Ruby, that really fast C routine, and your Perl code, all
in one place.
2) There are a large number of operators that support list
manipulation, such as the zipper, the ==> and <== operators, reduce,
and others I can't remember in addition to P5's map, grep, and sort.
3) Macros. Nuff said.
4) More declarative syntax. This is more of a handwavy, but the syntax
feels (to me) as if it's more declarative than before. For example,

    for @x -> $x { ... }
    for @x -> $x, $y { ... }

That reads like a math proof. "For all X, do such-and-such".

Rob